Wednesday, November 4, 2015

October Wrap-Up

Hi, there guys!
Today I'll show you which books I've read in the month of October.
Enjoy!




I've had a pretty good month reading-wise. Not only regarding the quantity but also the quality!

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I think I've already said it in my October Book Haul but I've anticipated this book so, so much.
and I really wasn't disappointed.
Everything, from characterizations to world building was at its peak.
I can't wait until Empire of Crows will be released next year!
5 out of 5 stars


The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke

It's the book with the "worst" rating.
I gave it 3 out of 5 stars. The character interactions felt off and unnatural but I do see the potential of the author and the story, so maybe book #2 in the duology will be better! I'll definitely give it a try at some point in the future!


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell


Rainbow is and will forever be my go-to author whenever I need to be cheered up or comforted.
She writes lovely and entertaining stories about characters you can relate to. 
Carry On was a wonderful mixture of cry-worthy and laugh-worthy situations.
4 out of 5 stars


Very Good Lives by J.K.Rowling


Truly inspiring.
5 out of 5 stars


Egghead, or You Can't Survive On Ideas Alone by Bo Burnham
Even though I didn't get some of the poems, I really enjoyed most of them!
I've been a fan of Bo's songs and shows for a while and he didn't disappoint!
Here's one of my favourites:

Little Ashley hung magazine spreads on her wall,
after picking the magazines out in the mall.
Models and actresses, singers and more,
with cleavage and makeup and glamour galore!

All her heroes were finally nearer.
Her whole room looked perfect — except for the mirror.

4 out of 5 stars


The Martian by Andy Weir
The Martian and I, we had some difficulties at the beginning but it turned out to be amazing!
I've seen the movie, too, by now and I have to say that the producers did really good work!
4.5 out of 5 stars


Emma by Jane Austen
It may not be my favourite novel by Jane but it definitely was an enjoyable read!
I enjoyed the fact that Jane Austen tried to write a main character who had obvious faults
and didn't fit the role of a perfect heroine!
4 out of 5 stars


The Knife of Never Letting Go & The New World by Patrick Ness
After reading so many good reviews on this book, I just had to give it a try.
And I wasn't disappointed! I cried several times while reading and I really enjoyed Ness' writing style!
5 out of 5 stars & 4 out of 5 stars


What did you read during October? Tell me in the comments!

-Franzi

No comments:

Post a Comment