Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #4

Hi there, guys!
School started today, I passed the theoretical part of my driver's licence and am totally engrossed by Queen of Shadows.
What's your week been like so far?




Top Ten: Series I Have Yet To Finish

10) An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

20560137
The second and final installment in this duology is called "A Torch Against the Night" and will be released on April 28th 2016.

I read An Ember In The Ashes while I had an internship at my local book store.
They had a whole shelf of books, which any of the employees could read, and I was invited to do so too. Well, you know me, how could I say no?
I read a total of three books, the first one being An Ember In The Ashes.










9) The Wrath And The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

 

18798983

Book two in this duology is yet to be released, too.
The current release date is May 3rd 2016, only a few days after "A Torch Against The Night".

The sequel will be called "The Rose And The Dagger".

Duologies seem to be rather popular at the moment!










8) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEid_D0Vix-heWf5VIq5HUInVXHazzpbUwDQL9kdcXixA06ZEg-j9PCv9S_eZ8BO6fPscc-zpC3hRpOR098xgk7WIg1wCFAZrA-MmesZhpuSZq9BBp5PGIr6yBy1JoXJ4vdJt8xhjod9FU5T/s1600/Untitled.pngThe fourth final installment in this series will be released this year! On November 10th to be exact.

It's called "Winter" and adds Princess Winter and the guard Jaqin to the list of main characters.

It may not be the series with the most depth but it's definitely entertaining!





7) Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg/250px-Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg


So far, I've read the first two volumes!
They were fantastic, and according to the reviews, the next three will be even better.

To be honest, I don't know how many books there will be in this series.












6) The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken


http://images.popmatters.com/news_art/d/darkestmindsseries.jpgOnly writing that title fills me with shame.
It's been a while since I've finished Never Fade. I really, really enjoyed the second installment, I think I even gave it five stars as a rating.

I loved the characters and was engrossed in the brutality and rawness of Bracken's writing. Still I have yet to pick up In The Afterlight. Why? Don't ask me.



5) Throne of Glass by Sarah J.Maas


https://ereads4free.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/thrownofglass.jpgIf you've read my review on Throne of Glass, you know that I had my problems with getting into the story.

Now, reading the fourth book, I can say I overcame my issues.

I have yet to read The Assassin's Blade but I'm saving that one for the long time until book five.
Book 5 will be published in 2016, book 6 in 2017.


4) Attack on Titan by Hijame Isayama


http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODE3WDEzNjY=/z/U9EAAOSwpDdVY6R-/$_57.JPG

I think I have read around 14 or 15 volumes, but I'm not sure anymore.

All I know is that I have to catch up upon a lot!

It's an amazing series (you can find it on my "Favourites" page, too!), one you should definitely give a try!





3) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R.Martin
 

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/photo.goodreads.com/books/1410368522i/18710619._UX200_.jpg
Sometimes I think, I know more about the history of Westeros and Essos than about the history of the "real world".

Damn you, GRRM, for writing captivating stories like A Song of Fire.
I can't wait to get my hands on "Winds of Winter" - just give a release date already!








2) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


http://www.dianagabaldon.com/wordpress/wp-content/files_mf/1322638442outlander20thann3in.jpg

Oh, Outlander.
It's definitely my latest obsession, well, Scotland in general is.

I finished the first book in the series on Sunday and I am in the physical need of Dragonfly in Amber.
But I have too many books on my TBR pile at the moment, so it has to wait.

I will just comfort myself with binge watching the TV Show instead.

I love you, Jamie. What? What do you mean? I didn't say a word.







1) The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater


http://readerswonderland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/TheRavenCycle.jpg

Probably my favourite series of 2015, hell, probably even of my life.
It has everything I wanted, everything I didn't know I needed and so much more.

I adore the characters, the story and the author, too.
JUST GIVE ME THE RAVEN KING.
February 23rd is too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment