Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #5

Hi, guys!
I can't believe another week has passed since my last Top Ten Tuesday!

Today I want to present you guys my

                                                                TOP TEN AUTHORS
10) J.R.R.Tolkien
He was a crazy genius.
Obviously, he does not own a blog (hint: he's dead.) but there are several internet users doing their best to satisfy one's need!
The Tolkien Society   ||   Ask About Middle Earth


"Not all those who wander are lost.”



9) William Shakespeare
I love his sonnettes and Much Ado About Nothing. He had a brilliant mind.
There are some Shakespeare Tumblr Blogs, I really like:
Fuckyeahshakespeare
   ||   Shakespeareismyjam


"Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.
"


8) George R.R.Martin
Same as with Tolkien, George Martin's mind is full of genius ideas.
His world building in A Song of Ice and Fire is just downright phenomenal.
GeorgeRRMartin.com   ||   Not A Blog


“Sleep is good, he said, and books are better.”


7) Rick Riordan
He's one of the most funny and quirky authors, I've ever heard about!
His Percy Jackson series is hilarious and so is his twitter account!
Rick Riordan - Twitter

“How did you die?"
"We er....drowned in a bathtub."
"All three of you?"
"It was a big bathtub.”



6) Stephen Chbosky

I love him for his most famous work "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". It's one of my most read and cherished books.
I follow his twitter account and you should, too! He posts lots of inspiring, feminist quotes and pictures of his family at a pride parade(?) - it's great!
Stephen Chbosky - Twitter


“There's nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.”


5) Rainbow Rowell
She's probably the Queen of Dialogue. Her books are full of it and she writes it so realistically, it makes you fall in love with her characters (even against all odds).
Her blog   ||   her tumblr


“I choose you over everyone.” 


4) John Green
I think I've read every book John Green has ever written so far. If I'm correct it's the only author about whom I can say such thing!
But it weren't his books that made him become one of my favourite authors, it was his vlog together with his brother and also the Crash Course History videos, which feature him (yes, I'm a huge history nerd.)
Vlogbrothers   ||   Crash Course   ||   fishingboatsproceed


“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”
 


3) Jane Austen
She's the reason I fell in love with classics. And Mr. Darcy (obviously).
She seems to have been a wonderful and delightful (and oh, so sassy) person, I'd have loved to talk to.
Jane Austen's World   ||   Lizzie Bennet Diaries

"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal."


2) Joanne K.Rowling
She will forever be very near the top of any "Top Author" list, I'll create.
Her books shape(d) my childhood and teenage years so much, there's no way I could thank her for it!
J.K.Rowling.com   ||   Pottermore.com


"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default."


1) Maggie Stiefvater
Definitely my favourite author by far! Apart from writing amazing and multi-layered books (check out the Raven Cycle, guys!) and being a skilled artist, she is one of the most likeable and hilarious persons I've ever heard about!
her tumblr   ||   MaggieStiefvater.com   ||   Blogspot

“...she made her home in between the pages of books.”

No comments:

Post a Comment