Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Internship at my local Book Store!

Hi, guys!

As you can gather from the title, I'm currently doing an internship at my local book store!
This is just a little post about what I've experienced so far!
The internship started yesterday morning and will end on Friday.
Yesterday I've helped decorating a shopwindow and followed the employees literally everywhere.
I only did little tasks, sometimes not book related at all (like buying polish from the opposing shop).

Today, there was an employee closer to my age and we talked quite a lot, which was really great!
We ate cake together and talked about anything and everything (there weren't many customers in the afternoon).
We rearranged various book shelves and I could do some on my own without making the array looking terrible!
Tomorrow I'll help organizing the "bestseller"-shelf and I'm really looking forward to it!

The best part of the whole internship are the sample copies. Ha.
Publishers are sending those to the book shops, so the employees can read them, rate them and recommend them to their customers. I've already read An Ember in the Ashes (review will follow soon) yesterday and I am currently reading We Were Liars!

       An Ember in the Ashes                                                                      We Were Liars
https://sabaatahir.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/emberintheashes_jkt_5-1.jpg                                                 https://p.gr-assets.com/200x200/scale/books/1401454642/20935171.jpg


Have a great day!
Franzi

[Update, May 30]
I've read another book:
12 things to do before you crash and burn by James Proimos
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gaPRBa3aL.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment