Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #2


Hi, guys!
Tonight I'm back with another Top Ten Tuesday!

For this Tuesday I chose:

Top Ten: Books I want to reread!

1) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61t67Xhl2CL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
After all the talk about Patrick in my Top Ten last week, I cannot stop thinking about this book!

I have to reread it as soon as possible - maybe I'll bring it with me on vacation.
And I actually watched the movie with a friend earlier today!
Even though this book is probably one of the sadest books I've read in my life, does it not fail to capture me again and again. I love Charlie, Sam, Patrick and their whole group of friends!
And this book has some of the most beautiful quotes I've ever seen.




"But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there."

“There's nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.”


2) The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
http://images.scholastic.co.uk/assets/a/74/81/149030-ml-1070783.jpg
One of my all time favourite series is The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater!
I adore her writing and her talent for complex characters. I've already reread the first book in this series, The Raven Boys, back in June, I think. But now it's time for the rest of the series!
Another reason why I want to reread this book is that my best friend just read the three books which are currently out and we talk about them a lot.
And I miss my boys (and Blue. Wonderful, kickass Blue.)




“And Ronan was everything that was left: molten eyes and a smile made for war.”

“While I'm gone," Gansey said, pausing, "dream me the world. Something new for every night.”


3) Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1398366292l/17378508.jpg

The third book in the Raven Cycle!
As I've already said above, I love this series!

I guess I would just repeat myself, if I explained why I want to reread this book.






“What do we do now?" Gansey asked.
From the other room, Calla bellowed, "GO BUY US PIZZA. WITH EXTRA CHEESE, RICHIE RICH."
Blue said, "I think she's starting to like you.”




4) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51fltwCiZkL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've read this books several times already - and watched the movies - and I am currently watching the TV series.
I just love the story and the characters.
I've read this book so many times, I feel familiar around them in a way that's not easy to describe. I guess I could call them old friends. It feels like home when I start to read P&P.
And I just (well if you can call several weeks ago "just") got the English copy of Pride and Prejudice and it's so stunning!
Can't wait to read one of the most famous love stories in literature in its original language!


"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book!"

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”




5) Persuasion by Jane Austen
http://blog.mugglenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/AustenPersuasion.jpg
Again one by Jane Austen. I'm pretty repetetive tonight. Or maybe it's just because Stiefvater and Austen are amazing authors!

Persuasion is - so far - my second favourite novel by Jane Austen. I yet have to read Emma and Sense and Sensibility.
I love the maturity of the protagonist, Anne, and the difference to Austen's other novels.
While the two lovers met somewhere in the first chapters of the books, in Persuasion those two have history.
It's a short book in comparison to Austen's others, but a great one nontheless!


“You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you.”

“I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures."



6) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
http://dearauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/FANGIRL_CoverDec2012-300x444.jpg

This book is my "Get well soon"-book.
Whenever I have a hard time or I am stressed the hell out, I start reading it again.
Sometimes I finish it, sometimes I only read my favourite scenes, but it always, always manages to cheer me up.

Thanks, Rainbow!

I can connect deeply to Cath and - just as I said about Pride and Prejudice - I feel at home when I read this book. Also: LEVI


“How do you not like the Internet? That's like saying, 'I don't like things that are convenient. And easy. I don't like having access to all of mankind's recorded discoveries at my fingertips. I don't like light. And knowledge.”

“I choose you over everyone.”




7) Alle Farben der Welt by Giovanni Montanaro
http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/cover.allsize.lovelybooks.de/Alle-Farben-der-Welt-9783421045874_xxl.jpg

A friend of mine suggested it for our monthly book club and I was so glad she did! It was an amazing and moving read!
For you history and art nerds, it's the right thing! You'll learn a lot about Van Gogh and the writing is just beautiful!

According to GoodReads it wasn't published in English, but in several other languages, including German, Italian (the original) and Portuguese.

Sadly, I can't find a good quote right now!





8) The Forest House by Marion Zimmer Bradley
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/The_forest_house_book_cover.jpg

It's been a while since I've read The Forest House, but I remember enjoying it!
The story's about Eilan, who is marked by fate to become a priestress of the Forest House. There's a lot of drama and magic going on.

Oh, and the whole story takes place around 40 A.D., if I remember correctly - or at least somewhere around that.




“Remain true to yourself, child. If you know your own heart, you will always have one friend who does not lie.”

“A life path may have strange twists and turnings, and we do not always end up where we intend to go....”


9) Clash of Kings by George R.R.Martin
http://i43.tower.com/images/mm101133605/a-clash-kings-george-r-r-martin-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Back in May I reread A Game of Thrones and now I want to continue with book two!
Here in Germany every book is divided into two which means we have ten books in total.

I want to reread the whole series before Martin releases the 6th installment and I think I could manage that!
I really want to refresh my memory!




“People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up.”

And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow.”




10) Blutbraut by Lynn Raven
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SNrnq0lyL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The last book on my list is - again - one that was not published in English.
I think it only exists in German, but I could be wrong. The title can be translated literally to Bloodbride!
It's been a looong time since I've read it but I definitely enjoyed it!
One of my friends at that time recommended it to me and she always proved to have a good taste in books!
Actually all you need to know (and it's all that I remember anyway) is that it's about vampires and EVERYBODY WANTS THE GIRL HER BLOOD!
I can't say if I still like it when I reread it, I will just have to see, I guess.


I can't remember any quotes! And I don't have the book at hand right now.


Okay, that's it guys!
What are your Top rereads?
Tell me in the comments!

Franzi


P.S.: Oh, and don't be fooled by the date. Even though it says Wednesday, I uploaded it some time after midnight. I sacrificed valuable sleep for you guys. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment