Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Ultimate Book Tag

Hi, guys!
I was browsing the internet and came across this awesome idea!
It's called "The Ultimate Book Tag" and I'll be answering 25 questions concering books - let's get started!

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, I do not. In fact, I read quite a lot in the car.
It's probably my proudest achievement to date.

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I have to go with one of my top authors here: Maggie Stiefvater.
I do not only adore her writing style but also her way to create realistic characters and conversations. And she's hilarious. Go, check out her tumblr.
Anyway, back to the question. I love Maggie's writing style so much. She manages to create a certain atmosphere simply by her choice of words. Like, she makes you feel things without you even realizing what she's doing. It's like a litte Maggie is whispering stuff into your ear. 

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Definitely the Harry Potter series. It's my absolute favourite series.
The reasons?
1) The Marauders
I just love them so, so much.
2) Important messages throughout all 7 books
Like, what did we learn from Twilight?
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading the Twilight series. I really did. But what did it tell us? To always rely on your boyfriend, like girls are too weak to stand up for themselves.
3) multi-layered, evolving characters
I love you, Neville.
      
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I wouldn't call it a book bag but I do carry a book in my backpack or bag wherever I go.
Whenever I have some free time in school, on the bus/train, I read a few pages. It helps me get through my school days a lot.
At the moment I'm carrying "The Assassin's Curse" by Cassandra Rose Clake around!

5. Do you smell your books?
Sometimes. I always hope that they'll smell good. Like, that they have this magical smell but most of the times they just smell weird.

 6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I love illustrations! It definitely adds something to the story.
But I'm also fine if the book has none at all.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
One series that comes to my mind is The Selection Trilogy. I loved the first book after finishing it and immediately ordered the second one. But after some thinking I realized The Selection did not deserve my praise. It's average at best.
Oh, I just remembered another book series: The Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier.
I loved this series. My best friend and I talked about it 24/7 during 8th grade. We had our inside jokes and a punny email address and we were obsessing over Gideon.
But now after almost a year of book blogging and actually rating and reviewing books I realized (not without sadness) that it's not the best series out there.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
It does not really involve an actual book but it shows that I've been a reader ever since I was small.
I somehow got my hands on my parents bankbook and pretended to read aloud from it. I mentioned living on a farm but questioned its existence at the same time. I went like "but where's the farm supposed to be? Where it's supposed to live?" We got it on tape and it's quite hilarious. Three year old me seems really disturbed by the fact that the farm may or may not exist.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A Summer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Ugh, I'm to lazy to get up right now, so I'll have to guess.
It's either World without End by Ken Follett or Under the Dome by Stephen King

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Well, I try at least. It's not very good and I get demotivated quite easily.
Do I see myself in the future as being an author? I dunno, honestely. First, I have to improve my writing, I guess.

12. When did you get into reading?
I can't really remember when I got into reading but I'm quite sure that the Harry Potter and the Percy Jackson series were the main reasons.

13. What is your favorite classic book?
I love Jane Austen's Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice but if I had to go for one, I'd choose P&P.
I've read this book so many times, I think I have it memorized by now.
It was the first classic I've ever read and therefore it holds a special place in my heart. Also: MR. DARCY. Even though the name will forever be tainted by How To Get Away With Murder and Sam Keating. Ugh.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Yes. English has always been my passion and because I'm reading almost only in English I have a bigger vocabulary than the average senior at my school (oh my god, I think this is the first time I ever really thought about me being a senior, holy crap).
Now guess what my worst subject is: maths.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would say thank you and wouldn't show that I did not like the book because that would just be downright rude. Then I would give it to somebody who may actually enjoy it.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
God, I don't know. I really can't think of anything right now. Maybe I'll come back to it later.

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I can't really answer this question 'cause I'm not filming videos. I'm only a book blogger.
But I guess, it would be mispronouncing words and using the wrong grammar.

18. What is your favorite word?
I really like the word "obviously" because I'm sassy like that.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I have no idea what a dweeb is, like, who comes up with these weird names??
I guess I'm everything.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
After the epic failure of Vampire Academy 4-6, I'll go with Fairies (ROWAN WHITETHORN)

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I like angel stories but I'm picking Shapeshifters. Definitely.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves? I do love wolves. One of my favourite animals.
Honestely, I'm just picking randomly right now. I think I could love everything if the author sells it right.

23. Zombies or Vampires?
Oh, I hate zombies in books. So...Vampires.

 24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Love triangles make me really aggressive in a bad way, while forbidden love stories make me aggressive in a good way.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
THE LATTER

No comments:

Post a Comment