Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Want-to-read-Wednesday #1


Hi there, guys!
I just had an amazing idea!

Why don't start a Want-to-read-Wednesday!
It works like that:
On my goodreads-profile I have listed exactly 262 books I want to read.
Every Wednesday I'm going to pick one (preferably no sequels because I would only spoil you) from that list and talk about it.

Here's my first pick!

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan.
It's the first book in the The Lynburn Legacy and was released in 2012. 10866624
Such a pretty cover!

This book is about Kami Glass. Since she was born she could talk to a boy in hear head. And, just as little children are, she talked a lot about him to others. That marked her as 'the weird one' in her town Sorry-in-the-Vale.
Now - being a teenager - she's falling for him. But how could you love someone who only exists in your head?
Then the Lynburns return.
On goodreads they are described as 'The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago' and they are back with their two sons, Jared and Ash.
And one of these two boys is no one else than Kami's 'imaginary' voice in her head. But can she still love him now that he's a real person?
And something evil's going on in the woods and Kami is determined to find out what.

Doesn't this sound amazing?
I'm really curious about how this whole voice-in-head-things works. Why does Kami hear his voice? And was she in his head his whole life? And what does that all have to do with the ongoings in the forest?

I've read a lot of really good reviews about it.
Regan from Peruse Project, Kat Kennedy, Jodi Meadows and Gillian all gave 'Unspoken' 5 out of 5 stars!


This is one of the next books I'm going to purchase, so stay tuned for a review!

Stay funky,
Franzi

No comments:

Post a Comment